Success and goal achievement, really comes down to breaking a goal into the habits needed to get you there. You’ve probably heard, if you want to achieve something, find someone who has already done it and model them. What are you modeling? You are modeling their habits.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
You’re doing what they consistently did to get them where you want to go.
Success looks exciting, but the path to getting there can actually be pretty mundane and look quite boring. Take this website, I’ve been averaging 800 people a day for the month of November.
I would like to double that average during the month of December. I’ve decided a way to guarantee that this happens, is to publish and socially share one post a day for the next 30 days.
That means on a daily basis I need to set out time to gather information, write and create content, edit it and publish. If you were to watch my success habits, you would see me getting up early to exercise, so it doesn’t take time out of my evening, when I’ve normally been doing my exercise.
In the evening you would see me sitting down with a bowl of carrots, some herbal tea and my laptop after the kids are asleep.
Doesn’t seem all that exciting, but a new, no name website, having 1600 people a day after only a few months, that’s pretty exciting.
What habits do you need to cultivate in order to be successful in your area of passion?
Some Habits You May Want to Get Working On:
- Maintaining a to do list or organizational system
- Waking up early – Creating your Miracle Morning.
- Listen to audiobooks or podcasts throughout your day, especially during times such as commuting and working out.
- Networking 5 hours or more each month. If you can’t find a group that will raise your circle of influence, try starting your own group. Meetup.com
- Read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons
- Exercise aerobically 2-3 times a week, lift weights or do calisthenics 2-3 times a week.
- Eat less than 300 junk food calories per day
- Watch 1 hour or less of TV everyday
- Write down your goals
- Focus on the one thing
*Many of these suggested habits are Based on Thomas C. Corley’s study of the daily habits of 233 wealthy and 128 poor people.