Sometimes you just want a frickin sandwich. For the most part I don’t crave bread anymore, but when I’m looking in the fridge trying to figure out what to have for lunch, the idea of layering things in a sandwich is still very appealing, practical and immensely enjoyable.
I especially find it challenging to come up with ideas to send in my daughters lunch.
The sandwich was always a staple in my lunch as a kid.
At 2 1/2 Remi still had a difficult time holding the whole cucumber sandwich without it falling apart, but when I cut it into bit size pieces, she had no problems and actually asked for more later in the evening.
The only problem I really found with this recipe was that it tastes absolutely awesome, but it leaves you feeling content but no where near full.
I just thought I should mention that because it’s really important for me to choose foods wisely depending on what I’m doing.
If I’m running around not thinking about food much, this is an awesome lunch / snack. If I”m board sitting around the house I need to feel full or else I’ll be raiding the fridge.
- 2 Slices of Cucumber (lenght wise)
- 4 Slices Smoked Turkey Breast
- 4 Slices Cheese
- ½ Avocodo
- Slice the skin of the cucumber off one side. (eat as snack later)
- Slice two more slices of cucumber on that side.
- Cut slices in half
- Peel outer skin (optional, good idea for kids)
- Layer on your sandwich a turkey slice, mashed avocado, cheese, turkey slice.
- Place cucumber on top
- Add spices. Salt, Pepper