Being a hairstylist is all about making people look and feel their best. And what better way to show off your skills than by using social media marketing? Posting before-and-after photos of your clients, sharing style tips, and offering discounts are all great ways to engage with potential and existing customers. Here’s how you can use social media marketing to take your hairstyling business to the next level.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
When it comes to social media marketing, even the flyest of fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants small business owners know they need to be in the game. But what about those of us in the more scissors-and-comb kind of small businesses? We get it: you’re busy making people look good. But if you’re not using social media to market your business, you could be missing out on a huge opportunity to connect with new and existing clients. Keep reading to find out why social media marketing matters for hairstylists.
Before You Start Posting…
When used correctly, social media can be an incredibly effective marketing tool. It allows businesses to connect with customers and potential customers in a way that is informal, interactive, and relatively low-cost. And for small businesses in particular, it levels the playing field by giving them access to the same kind of visibility and branding opportunities that were once reserved for larger enterprises with bigger budgets.
So why does all of this matter for hairstylists? Let’s take a look at a few specific ways in which social media marketing can benefit your business:
Increased visibility: A well executed social media campaign will help you reach new audiences and increase brand awareness among potential clients who may not have heard of you otherwise.
Improved customer service: Social media provides an easy way for customers to get in touch with you with questions or concerns. By monitoring your platforms and responding promptly, you can turn unhappy customers into loyal ones.
Boosted bookings: In today’s digital age, potential clients expect to be able to book appointments online. By promoting your booking link on social media, you can make it easier for people to do business with you.
Maximized referrals: Social media is an excellent platform for word-of-mouth marketing. By encouraging your clients to share their experiences with you on social media, you can tap into a powerful referral network and bring in more business.
These are just some of the many benefits that social media marketing can offer hairstylists. By spending just a few minutes each day engaging with your followers, you can increase visibility, boost bookings, and maximize referrals. The key is to be consistent and stay engaged—and you’ll soon start seeing the results!
As with any business, it’s important to set some goals before you start using social media marketing. Do you want to attract new clients? Increase brand awareness? Drive traffic to your website or blog? Once you’ve identified your goals, you can create content that is specifically tailored to achieve them. For example, if you’re hoping to attract new clients, you might post special offers or highlight testimonials from existing clients. If you’re looking to increase brand awareness, on the other hand, you might focus on creating high-quality content that showcases your unique talents and skills.
Getting Started on Social Media
There’s no need to be active on every single social media platform out there. In fact, it’s often better to focus your energy on one or two platforms where your target audience is most likely to be active. For example, Instagram is a great platform for visual content like before-and-after photos, while Twitter is perfect for sharing quick tips and updates. Once you’ve chosen which platforms to use, it’s time to start creating engaging content.
Creating Engaging Content
When it comes to social media marketing, quality is just as important as quantity. That means posting regularly (at least once a week), but also taking the time to create well-thought-out posts that will resonate with your audience. If you’re not sure what kinds of content will work best for your business, try experimenting with different types of posts until you find something that resonates with your audience. And don’t forget—social media is a two-way street! In addition to publishing great content, be sure to also engage with other users’ content by liking, commenting, and sharing.
Social Media Marketing Tips:
Tip #1: Use Better Photos
We all know that hair stylists are artists. So show off your work! Post photos of before-and-after transformations, pictures of pretty hairdos, and close-ups of color jobs. But don’t just post any old photo. Make sure the photos are high quality and well-lit. After all, you want your work to look its best! And when potential clients see your amazing photos, they’ll be eager to come in for their own transformation.
Tip #2: Use Hashtags Strategically
Hashtags are a great way to reach new people on social media. But beware, using too many hashtags or using them incorrectly can make you look desperate or unprofessional. When used correctly, however, hashtags can help you connect with people who are talking about topics relevant to your business—such as #hairgoals or #longhairdontcare. Do some research on which hashtags are being used most frequently in your industry, and start using them in your posts!
Tip #3: Take Advantage of Booking Links
Most major booking platforms (think Vagaro and StyleSeat) now offer integration with Facebook and Instagram. This means there’s a “Book Now” button right on your Facebook or Instagram page! How convenient is that for potential clients? Be sure to take advantage of this feature so that people can easily book an appointment with you—with just a few clicks of a button.
Tip 4: Respond to Comments Quickly
Social media moves fast, so it’s important to respond quickly when someone leaves a comment or asks a question. Show potential clients that you are attentive and responsive, and they will be more likely to book an appointment with you.
Tip 5: Use Automation Tools
Scheduling and managing all of your posts can be time consuming, so why not make it easier on yourself? Take advantage of automation tools like Hootsuite or Buffer to schedule and manage your social media posts. These tools can save you time, energy, and headaches!
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to success with your hair salon’s social media marketing plan.
Social media can be a powerful tool for hair stylists. But it does take time and effort to create quality content, engage with your followers, and monitor the results of your efforts. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of posts and see what resonates best with your audience. With enough practice and dedication, you’ll eventually find the perfect formula for success!
As a hair stylist, you might be thinking that social media marketing is one trend you can afford to skip. But trust us: if you’re not using social media to market your business, you could be missing out on a big opportunity to connect with new and existing clients. From increased visibility to improved customer service, there are plenty of reasons why social media marketing matters for hairstylists—so what are you waiting for? Time to get snipped!
33 Hairstylists Social Media Post Ideas:
- ● Show off your latest work with a before-and-after transformation photo!
- ● Ask for feedback from clients—what do they love about their new look?
- ● Share tips and tricks for styling hair at home.
- ● Post inspiring quotes about beauty to get people talking.
- ● Promote special offers or discounts.
- ● Share pictures of your salon and staff.
- ● Post funny, relatable content to make people laugh.
- ● Ask followers what they’d like to see on your page.
- ● Highlight products you love and use in the salon.
- ● Show off a client’s before-and-after makeover.
- ● Follow other hairstylists and salons to get inspiration.
- ● Encourage people to book appointments with you!
- ● Let followers know when you have new services available.
- ● Ask questions to engage your audience in conversations.
- ● Offer your expertise on hair health and maintenance.
- ● Remind people to book their next appointment with you.
- ● Share tips for achieving the perfect hairstyle.
- ● Host contests and giveaways to get more followers.
- ● Show off your salon’s unique style and flair!
- ● Give shoutouts to loyal clients who keep coming back.
- ► Post pictures of your team in action and behind the scenes.
- ► Share success stories from clients who have achieved their hair goals.
- ► Invite followers to special events or launch parties at your salon.
- ► Thank customers for their support and feedback.
- ► Give shoutouts to other local businesses that you collaborate with.
- ► Post pictures of new products or services you’re offering.
- ► Offer discounts and special deals for your followers.
- ► Ask questions to get feedback on potential changes to the salon.
- ► Show off your expertise by sharing hair-care tips and advice.
- ► Share hair trends that you think will be popular this season.
- ► Announce any new staff members or changes to the salon.
- ► Reach out to other stylists in the industry and create collaborations.
- ► Let people know when you’re having a sale on products or services.
By utilizing these ideas, you can ensure that your hairstylist business stays top-of-mind and relevant on social media. Keep your posts interesting and engaging, and you’ll be well on your way to success!