This 40 second video by St John Ambulance shows how to save a baby from choking. I’ve always been confused as to the correct way to help a choking baby. My instinct is always to start forcefully patting my kids on their back, in hopes that will somehow force the food or object out. I’m pretty sure they say that’s wrong, apparently doing this could lodge the object in there even more.
But now thanks to St John Ambulance video, which has gone viral on social media, parents and care givers are seeing the correct procedures to help save a choking a baby.