Pretty much every day I hear “mommy can we make chocolate balls.” It wouldn’t be so bad if I had a little more self control and didn’t eat them all in one day.
It’s a great recipe for baking with kids, there is lots for them dump in, to mix and to squish into balls.
- Serves: 21 Macaroons
- Serving size: 1 macaroon
- Calories: 84
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Protein: 2
- 3 egg whites
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place egg whites in a blender, food processor or bowl. Blend till eggs whites are fluffy.
- Mix in honey, cocoa powder, coconut and almond flour.
- Spoon out 1 tbs of mixture per macaroon on to a try lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in over for 15 minutes or until light brown in color.